Delegation is easier and more successful if you follow this simple check list to prepare what you need to communicate when delegating:
Ensure you have made clear:
- Why the task needs to be done and what the real objective is.
- When does it need to be done by/what priority does it take.
- What authority they have to make decisions and what they must get permissions for.
- What type of problems they must refer back to you on.
- Any progress reports they should submit. When/how/where?
- How you propose to guide and monitor them.
- The resources available for them and the budget if applicable.
- What standards they must work to.
- How will it benefit them or their personal development?
- How will you review and feedback on the completed task.
If you are interested in developing your leadership or creating more effective teams we would love to have a conversation.