How to be great at developing people
Being developed is the number one engagement need for a lot of people. As a leader you need to be really good at identifying peoples needs and helping them fill them. You need to get clear ideas on the behaviours and actions needed from you in order to develop a culture of continuous development.
What you need to think about:
- How to identify development needs and chose the right methods to meet them.
- Coaching, how to do it really well.
- How to train people effectively, with various methods, tools and techniques.
- The delegation process and a critical checklist for briefing.
- The learning cycle and its relevance to the team.
- Being creative with people’s development.
To help check out our articles on:
If you are interested in developing your leadership or creating more effective teams we would love to have a conversation.